Monday, July 28, 2008

This is Just the Beginning!

There a few photos missing from this layout but I wanted to share it anyways. I can not believe how many times we miss all of life's little moments because we are so focused on everything else. I look at my boys and I can't believe how fast they are growing. It seems like it was just yesterday we were all worrying about Logan and how sick he had become. (So it was yesterday that I was worried about him, I swear that kid is going to give me a heart attack, but I was more worried that he would some how find a way to fall attempting to be one of the big boys.) I do find myself becoming one of those paranoid parents, but really in this day and age who can blame me. As I was leaving work the other day there was a sign posted that there was an attempted kidnapping in Willamina a town much smaller than my own but not very far from me. I do not want to let those moments keep me from experiencing the rest of the world. Today the boys and I will be going to the park and although it may seem like a simple task to most I am really forcing myself to confront my fears. I fear going to the park by myself and losing the boys or some scary stranger trying to take my boys. I have read to many true crime books and to much Law & Order I know but it is my fear and today will be the first time I will be taking the boys to a park by myself. I know that God will be looking out for us. It is a silly fear but those of you who know me know I have many fears but I am working on confronting all them and conquering them one step at a time. I have a challenge for all of you this week. Think of a fear that might be holding you back and conquer it! Post a comment here and a email me a picture to be posted here. Parker will then draw a name out of a hat and the winner will receive a cool prize from me. Those who scrapbook will get something scrappy and those who don't will get a great book that has really been a big eye opening thing for me. "The Shack", have you read it you should if you haven't. Okay so challenge yourself this week and let me know about it! Remember this is just the beginning of our lives so lets live it like God intended it to be. The winner will be announced next Sunday so go out and face those fears and let God help you fight through that fear!

No comments: