Sunday, July 13, 2008

An Amazing Sunday!!!


This is such an amazing day. We started this new series at church called "Everyone Has A Story" and let me tell you it was amazing. This woman told us her amazing journey and I don't have her permission to share so I will just tell you that it was amazing. I do not know how I would handle her situation, but this woman is a courageous soul and God has taken care of her and she is proof that God exists!!! It amazes me that not every ones story involves joy and pleasure. The more stories I hear there is a lot of pain and sorrow, but God is always there and we can always find Him even in our most painful moments. It is amazing that we still can have a really painful season and God is there front and center bringing us joy in a way we might be able to fully understand!!! God is forever amazing me!!!
(You maybe wondering about this layout. I made this layout for the Becky Fleck page maps blog contest. Becky is an amazing woman and I give her props for all of her sketchy goodness. I am trying to get some more pages done so we will see how that goes.)
I am still in my story of coming to God! I try to be with Him everyday but as a single mom I find myself not always keeping my priorities where they should be. I am finding it easier to deal with every day issues if I put God first and I can tell a differece when I don't. I find that i still struggle with the forgeting the past because God has. I still find myself thinking I am not good enough. I made mistakes in the past that I am not proud of and if I could am finding out I would not take back because they have made me who I am!! Even though I am a christian that does not make me perfect and I am still a sinner as much as I don't want to be that is the truth. My past is full of sin, but I have given it to the Lord and He has forgiven me and I have to forgive myself and forget about it. I am accountable but that doesn't mean I have to be controlled by my sin. I learned from it now I move forward and live with God in the present not the past or future. My advice to anyone struggling today is to sit down with God today and just listen. He may have words that you don't want to hear but what He says is good even if you don't like what is being said. He loves you and will tell you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. God Bless and share your story you never know who may need to hear it, but someone will!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've always found comfort that I can take a million steps away from God and the direction He's sending me. Yet he only requires ONE STEP back to Him and His goodness!